Progressions of a Daydreamer

My blog is about my growth toward success and my attempts to achieve my dreams ! My ultimate career aspirations are to become a makeup artist and a registered nurse; yes both (: It’ll contain everything from the subject of beauty to just random thoughts in my life as well as life in general. I believe that every girl and woman is beautiful in their own ways & there are always some way to enhance that beauty.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now." - Goethe.

“In life, many thoughts are born in the course of a moment, an hour, a day. Some are dreams, some visions. Often, we are unable to distinguish between them. To some, they are the same; however, not all dreams are visions. Much energy is lost in fanciful dreams that never bear fruit. But visions are messages from the Great Spirit, each for a different purpose in life. Consequently, one person's vision may not be that of another. To have a vision, one must be prepared to receive it, and when it comes, to accept it. Thus when these inner urges become reality, only then can visions be fulfilled. The spiritual side of life knows everyone's heart and who to trust. How could a vision ever be given to someone to harbor if that person could not be trusted to carry it out. The message is simple: commitment precedes vision.”

- High Eagle

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Skincare Products I love !

Alright, so today I'm going to talk about my face and skincare routine.  First of all, I'm going to say that I do not have perfect skin by any means, it gets oily & definitely blemish prone plus I have acne scars.  But I've been trying out some new products that I love. 

It's very important when caring for your skin that you figure out what your skin type is so you can treat it accordingly.  I have oily skin, large pores, a lot of acne scars, breakouts, etc.  So because I have all of those problems I have to treat it properly if I want to get rid of the pimples, scars, etc.
 

Let's just talk about general things that are important to keeping your face at its best.  A gentle cleanser, toner, moisturizer, facial scrub or exfoliant, facial mask.  When you're picking out a cleanser you don't want to use one that is too strong for your face because that can overdry it and strip your face causing your oil glands to over produce sebum (oil that the oil glands in your body produce).  Choosing a cleanser can be tricky without knowing your key problems you want to resolve and when you don't know your skin type.  If you have dry skin you probably should try a cream cleanser, If you have oily skin a gel cleanser may be a better option for you.  Cleansers vary from brand to brand so if you are having trouble picking a cleanser, try going to a couple of different skincare brands' websites such as Clean&Clear, Neutrogena, Clearasil, St. Ives, etc.

You will also want to use a facial scrub 1-3 times a week depending on your face.  Everyone's face sheds skin but because your face produces oil as well, you need to exfoliate atleast once a week !  This is very crucial because without exfoliating, the shed skin and oil will mix together and clog your pores therefore creating pimples.  When you do use an exfoliater you do not need to use a cleanser before or after because the exfoliant will also cleanse your skin.

A toner is great because it removes excess oil, dirt, and makeup that your cleanser missed.  When selecting a toner get one that caters to your needs, there are some that are great for blemishes and contains acne medicine, one that minimizes large pores, or you can buy an astringent called witch hazel.  Witch hazel is natural and has many uses but when used on your face it soothes and tightens skin, reduces inflammation of pimples and redness, and locks in moisture after you get out of the shower.

Facial masks are great to treat your face and make it feel refreshed while also making your face glow afterwards!  & who doesn't want that fresh beautiful glow.  There are different kinds of masks, this is where knowing your skin type and what you want to fix comes into play.  There are radiance masks, which are filled with vitamins to moisturize, tone, and restore your face's appearance; hydrating masks are great for people with dry skin; while clay/mud masks are great for oily skin types, extracts impurities, improves circulation, and tightens pores; peel-off masks are based from gel and close pores, smooth skin, and when peeled off removes blackheads and dead skin cells; firming masks tightens and firms the skin, these are especially for those in their 30s & 40s.  If money is tight and you can't buy a mask, their are lots of recipes for making your homemade facial masks online. 


Last but definitely not least are moisturizers.  Moisturizing your skin and neck is one of the most important things you can do for your skin, this is what will keep your skin looking younger as long as you possibly can.  It is key that you moisturize each and every time you wash and tone your face.  Getting a moisturizer that contains SPF is also important because whether it's summer, winter, or any other season UV rays can still damage your face and cause wrinkles.

Now for what I actually use on my face, I've been acne prone for a while now but I just switched to Mary Kay's Deep Cleanser Formula 3 (for oily skin) and Blemish Control Toner Formula 3.  I've been using these for less than a week and I already feel and see a difference in my skin.  They are great !  The cleanser is safe for sensitive skin, fragrance free, hypoallergenic and won't irritate your skin, and is also non-comedogenic which means it won't clog your pores.  The toner is also fragrance free, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogenic.  It contains 2% salicylic acid, great for managing acne, reducing blackheads, pimples and preventing future ones. 
The exfoliator that I use and recommend is Clean&Clear's Morning Burst Detoxifying facial scrub.  It is oil-free, oxygen infused, non-comedogenic, & deep cleans pores.  For a moisturizer I use walmart's generic brand of Olay's complete beauty lotion and works great, very moisturizing and has SPF 15. 

I don't use any masks right now but do intend on getting a couple.  There are two I have in mind right now that have great reviews; Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask and Grape Seed peel-off mask.  You can find these at beauty supplies, online, drugstores, etc. 


If you have acne scars on your face I recommend that you try a fading cream such as Ambi's fade cream.  I have to go out and buy a tube, but I have used it on my face before and it worked very well.  By the time I finished the tube most if not all of my scars were gone !  All you do is apply it to where your scars are everyday and soon enough you'll see a difference in appearance.  They have different brands of fade cream or bleaching cream but this is just one that worked for me.


No comments: